Kissing Bridge Instructor Training Information
Kissing Bridge is committed to the proper training of our instructors for both ski and snowboard disciplines, to ensure the safety of our guests. Whether attending a group or private lesson, instructors are expected to create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for our guests.
Interested candidates are required to participate in our Instructor Training Course (3 mandatory sessions); this is a prerequisite to applying for an instructor position.
There are two parts to this course: an Indoor session and Outdoor (on snow) sessions.
- Course includes all training materials and lift passes for on snow sessions.
- Must be 16 years of age and older to participate.
- Course meeting area for all sessions will be the Learning Center.
- Dress appropriately for all outside activities.
- Skiers and boarders, please bring your equipment and be prepared to go on snow for outdoor sessions.
- Course completion and certificate are prerequisites to apply for Kissing Bridge instructor positions.
- The course is free of charge.
Indoor Sessions: TBA
Meeting in the Kissing Bridge Learning Center.
On Snow Sessions: TBA
NOTE: All dates for on snow training are tentative and may be changed due to weather!
- Industry Teaching Model and Teaching Styles
- Learning Styles and Communication
- Ski/Snowboard Lesson Plans – Teaching Levels 1-4
- Teaching Children
- Safety and Risk Management
Resort Operations Overview
Personal Skiing or Riding Assessment
- Resort Operations Overview
- Personal Skiing or Riding Assessment
Kissing Bridge Junior Instructor Training Course
This course is offered to 14- and 15-year-olds who have an interest in becoming a ski or snowboard Instructor on the Kissing Bridge Snow Sports Staff. Participants will be introduced to all Children’s instructional programs and general KB Ski and Ride School programs in both ski and snowboard disciplines.
Participants will observe and shadow teaching progressions and tactics related to all instructional programs. They will also participate in on-snow sessions to improve their personal skiing and riding.
It is important to note that this is an eight-week course. Attendance is mandatory for all eight weeks for continuity and understanding of the material and responsibilities of a KB Ski and Ride School Instructor. If you know upfront that you will miss course dates, this may not be the opportunity for you.
Program Dates & Information
- This program is facilitated by Leigh Fischer, Ski & Ride School Trainer and Supervisor
- Saturdays during the season: January 13, 2024 – March 2, 2024
- 9:30am – 12pm, meet in the Learning Center at the Central Area
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm, assigned to a specific program and instructor mentor
- Introduction to Teaching Styles and Learning Styles
- Class handling
- Communication Skills
- Skiing and Snowboard progressions and teaching scenarios
- Personal skiing/riding assessment and improvement
Tuition $125, one-time fee
- All Day lift ticket for each Saturday (if needed)
- Discounted Season Pass offered to students in this program – $275
Upon successful completion of the JITC, participants will be invited to participate in the on-snow Kissing Bridge Instructor Training Course the following season. With a passing evaluation at ITC, participants will be offered a job a Kissing Bridge Snow Sports School instructor.
Please download the registration form. Once you have completed and returned the registration form with payment,the course syllabi and additional course information will be sent to you via email. Please list a current email address that you check frequently as updated course information (such as time change, location change, cancellation) will be sent via email. It will be your responsibility to check for updated notifications.