At Kissing Bridge, our SnowSports School instructors bring a wealth of skiing and snowboard knowledge, as well as their passion for the sport, to each and every lesson they teach. Our instructional staff is well trained and inspired to provide you and your family a friendly environment for group, private and children’s lessons. Most members of the SnowSports School staff are certified members of PSIA-E (Professional Ski Instructors of America) and AASI (American Association of Snowboard Instructors). Whether this is your “First Time” or “an advance snow sport”, our instructors are ready to meet your individual needs in a Safe, FUN and nurturing environment.
First Time Learn to Ski or Snowboard Introductory Package
Designed for the true “First Time” skier or snowboarder, our caring and professional instructors will introduce you to your WNY skiing or riding experience!
- 90 minute group lesson. Pre-reservation not required. (For students 8 years and older)
- Ski or Snowboard rental equipment
- All-Day Beginner Hill lift ticket
- For First Time Lesson times and additional Group Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
Next Step Ski or Snowboard Package
For the skier or snowboarder who has learned the basics and wants to improve their skiing or riding and try new terrain! This package includes a one hour long group intermediate or advanced lesson, rental equipment, and all area Unlimited lift ticket.
- 60 minute group lesson. Pre-reservation not required. (For students 8 years and older)
- Ski or Snowboard rental equipment
- All-Area Unlimited lift ticket
- For Next Step Lesson times and additional Group Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
KB 1-2-3 Package
Another great program for “First-Time” skiers and snowboarders, our KB 1-2-3 program is designed to get you more time on the snow to learn your new sport. Our instructors will work with you as you learn a variety of different skills and terrain while progressing from initial introductory lessons to “seasoned” intermediate classes. This program is one of KB’s best value packages.
- 3 times out to Kissing Bridge – You choose the day and time!
- Receive a group lesson and rental equipment during each visit. (For students 8 years and older)
- 1st time out, receive a Beginner Slope lift ticket
- 2nd & 3rd time out, receive and all area lift ticket
- * Customer must choose skiing or snowboarding for all three times out.
- For KB 1-2-3 lesson times and additional Group Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
KB 6 Package
*KB 6 lessons start January 6, 2020 and end March 1, 2020*
One of the best value packages at Kissing Bridge, the KB 6 package will get you onto the slopes with lessons and lift tickets over the course of the season. Designed to fit your schedule, you’ll be enjoying the best in Western New York skiing on the night that works best for you!
- Ski or Snowboard Package. Choose the night that works best for you!
- Receive 6 one-hour group lessons and 6 Night all area lift tickets as part of the package. (For students 8 years and older)
- For KB 6 lesson times and additional Group Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
Whether you want to continue working on your new skills or tune up your old skills, our instructors are ready to help!
- For skiers and snowboarders. (For students 8 years and older)
- Groups are created based on students skill levels, from Novice to Advanced.
- Lift ticket and rental equipment are not included. Options available to “bundle” rental equipment and lift ticket.
- One-hour group lesson: $30 (Pre-reservation not required)
- 5x Transferable Group Lesson Card: $130
- For Group Lesson times and additional Group Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
“Free” lessons for Season Pass, 10 pack, & E-Card holders
A number of our multiple day / season pass programs include lessons as a part of their package.
- Free lessons start when KB opens for the season and end Sunday March 16, 2020. (For students 8 years and older)
- Rental equipment is not included in these packages.
- For Lesson times and additional Lesson Information, please see our Group Lesson Information & Schedule below.
Group Lesson Information & Schedule
Need a First Time, Next Step, or Group Lesson? Come down to our Central Ski Area and register for a Group Lesson at the Ticket Counter or the Learning Center.
Group Lessons are held in our Central Ski Area for students of all abilities age 8 years old and older.
All of our seasoned instructors are available at the following times to help you master that new skill.
|Tuesday – Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
|11:00 am||11:00 am|
1:30 pm (Tuesdays Only – Next Step with the Ladies)
|6:00 pm (Saturday Only)|
- Weekday Group Lessons begin on opening day.
- Student “Ski Club” group lessons begin January 2, 2020
- KB 6 lessons start January 6, 2020 and end February 23, 2020
Group lessons begin when KB opens for the season and end Sunday March 16, 2020
- Group night lessons end Saturday March 7, 2020
- Group Lessons do not include Rental Equipment.
The KB Family Experience!
Family “FUN” Experience
A “First Time” package for parents and their children to learn to ski or snowboard together as a family. This session includes a 90 minute family coaching session, rental equipment and beginner lift hill tickets for 2 parents (adults) and 2 children. Everyone in the group must choose the same discipline, skiing or snowboarding. A “family focused” instructor will be assigned to work with your group, however, the lesson content will be adjusted to the youngest member in your group. After the coaching session, your instructor will offer “tips” to parents as to how to continue coaching their children on the slopes.
$265.00 per family group
“Family Mountain Adventure”
To schedule your “KB Family Experience” coaching session at the most convenient time for your family, please call the SnowSports School at 716-592-4963 ext. 2230 or 2231.
“Learn with the Ladies”
First Time learn to ski program for adult females of any age! Sessions taught in a relaxed atmosphere by one of our compassionate ski instructors, who will introduce you to the sport in a safe, FUN environment! Bring your friends and make a day of it enjoying our WNY winter and slopes at Kissing Bridge! (Tuesdays only in January and February)
- 2-hour First Time Group lesson at 11am
- Rental equipment for the day
- All-Area unlimited lift ticket
- First Time program is for First Time skiers only. (For adult students only)
- $55 per session
Register in the Kissing Bridge Central Ticket Center – plan to arrive early to give yourself enough time to go through the rental shop.
“Next Step – Learn with the Ladies”
Program for those who have already completed the First Time program or for ladies who are Intermediate skiers. Sessions taught in a relaxed atmosphere where everyone will learn to comfortably ski all terrain at Kissing Bridge at their own pace. (Tuesdays only in January and February)
- For Intermediate Skiers Only. (For adult students only)
- 2-hour Beginner/Intermediate Group lesson at 1:30pm
- Rental equipment for the day
- All-Area unlimited lift ticket
- Intermediate Group lesson is available to any lady who rides the chairlift.
- $75 per session
Whether it’s your first time or you already know KB’s terrain better than anyone else, our experienced KB instructors will help you gain the abilities and confidence to reach your snow sports goals. Our expert KB instructors will tailor your specific needs into fantastic experiences from learning or mastering the basics, to experiencing the fun of our varied terrain of parks, bumps and steeps. You will learn from our nationally certified instructors. When you opt for a private lesson option, like the Family Fun Experience or the Family Mountain Adventure, these specialized lessons go well beyond the basics with a personal KB touch. Consider a private lesson today-a lifetime of skiing and riding fun is waiting for you!
You can also request a specific instructor for your private lesson or we will select an instructor who best suits your needs and goals. If you would like another person to join your lesson, this is also an option; we only ask that this person be of similar ability and discipline as you.
90 minute Private Lesson: $125- Add one additional person of the same ability: $100 (Limit one)
- We offer specialized private lessons for Telemark, Terrain Park, bumps, and gates for skiers and snowboarders.
- Private lessons are offered daily (dependent on instructor availability) at the Central Area.
- Lift ticket and rental equipment are not included. Options are available to “bundle” rental equipment and lift ticket.
- 5x Transferable 90 minute Private Lesson card: $575- Add one additional person of the same ability: $100 per lesson (Limited to one additional student)
- Students must be 8 years old or older for 90 minute Private Lessons.
For children up to the age of ten, we offer 1-hour lessons taught by our children’s coaches.
- 1-hour children’s private lessons are offered at 12:00pm and 3:00 pm on weekends only.
- 1 hour Children’s private (3 yrs – 10 yrs.): $100
- 5x Transferable 1-hour Children’s Private Lesson card: $450
- No additional students per lesson
To schedule your private lesson call the SnowSports School at 716-592-4963 ext. 2230
Available in our Central Ski Area Only, our Children’s Coaches provide your child time-tested and progressive lessons, from “Never Ever” to Advanced Mountain in a Safe, FUN and Energetic environment. Many of our Children’s Instructors hold Children’s Specialist credentials from PSIA-E and AASI. All of them have the special passion for teaching children, understand your child’s needs and foster and challenge their skills development through games and FUN on the slopes.
For more information on our Children’s Programs, please visit our Children’s Program page.
KB Holiday Lesson Schedules
We suggest you arrive one hour before your lesson to give you reasonable time to register for your lesson, move through the rental shop if needed or to dress accordingly for the weather
Upon arrival at the area, take a minute to enjoy the sights and sounds of winter!
- Register for your chosen lesson time at the Central Area Ticket Center or at the Learning Center at the Central Area. (First Timers should register at the Learning Center)
- You will be given vouchers for your lesson, rental equipment and a lift ticket.
- Proceed to the rental shop to get sized for either ski or snowboard equipment.
- Take a few minutes for a bathroom break and to dress for outside weather.
- Proceed to the lesson area in front of the main lodges and wait in front of the “First Time” sign.
- Smile and get ready to enjoy WNY winters!
Dress for Winter!
Temperatures vary at different times of the day or when riding the lifts. Most likely, you will be outside longer that you normally are!
- Wear layers of clothing, so you can add or remove layers as the temperature changes – if possible choose non-cotton clothing. Several manufacturers now offer “wicking” type of clothing that helps drawmoisture away from your skin, so you can stay warmer – longer!
- Warm hat or helmet
- Neck warmer to protect your face from the wind!
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Sunscreen/lip protection
- Warm, dry wool or poly-pro socks – one pair is generally all you need!
- Wait until you are ready to go for your lesson or to the lifts before you finish dressing! No need to overheat inside the lodge!
Our on-site rental shops offer the most up-to-date equipment for children and adults. Rental shops are located at the Central Area only.
- Avoid stepping on wet ground as you try on ski or snowboard boots for proper sizing!
- Try to pull your jeans or other pants legs out of the top cuff of your ski or snowboard boots, so you can utilize all of the adjustment buckles and straps for a better fit!
- Once you leave the rental shop, stand your skis or snowboard against one of the racks, so the skis or board can cool down – helps avoid snow from sticking to the bottoms!
- Rental skis and snowboards look alike, try to remember the number written on your equipment – the equipment was sized and adjusted for you!
If you forget something or want “something new” stop into the SnowFlake/245 Ski and Snowboard Shop located at the Central Area. (All New Children’s Ski & Snowboard Equipment Available!)
Demo equipment now available at the Rental Shop in Central!