Kissing Bridge Racing Information
Visit Ray Laks Automotive Group Thank you to Mike Laks and the Ray Laks dealership group for thier support of the Slalom Run Race Arena!
KB skiers A-Man and Mad Max C. on the
podium at the USSA J-6 race at Holimont
Feb. 1st, 2009. The J-6 team has dominated
a few races this season, sweeping the podium
opening race at PnP and keeping the team represented
at all the races thus far this season! More good things to come!
Johnny C. also skied to a medal position at the Mont Sunday.
- Section 1. Jr. Race Programs
- Section 2. Adult Race League information
- Section 3. Clinics and Training nights
1. JUNIOR PROGRAMS
Members bring to the team a variety of individual goals. The coaching staff makes every effort to design a training program that is fun, and helps the skier to achieve his or her personal goals. The following are the three most common reasons for becoming Team Members:
- NYSSRA and USSA competition: New York State Ski Racing Association and United States Ski Association racing brings the best racers in New York together to compete at ski areas across the state. Qualifying racers move on to regional and national competition. The Kissing Bridge Race Team, with the assistance of the Kay Bee AC, provides transportation and coaching for these events.
Skill Development. Some member choose not to compete, but instead join the team to develop their skills in one of the most successful training programs offered.
- FUN! FUN! FUN!
Programs at North, Weather Permitting!
CLUB RACE TRAINING
For junior skiers of all ages who enjoy the camaraderie and training on the slopes with other racers and choose not to participate in area races. Skiers must exhibit advanced skiing skills to succeed in this program.
On-snow training begins January 2, 2009
Friday 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am-3:00 pm
December 26-30, 2008; 9:30 am-3:00 pm
GATEBUSTERS 8-13 yrs-SKIING ONLY
A season-long, prepaid program designed to provide a friendly introduction to youth ski racing geared to the more advanced junior skier with an interest in racing. Emphasis is on developing skills used in racing and "running gates", as well as those skills necessary to challenge the mountain under a variety of conditions. GateBusters train with the Junior Race Team. It is suggested that skiers in this program wear helmets,
SESSIONS: Saturday 9:30am-11:30am, 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
2 Mini Camps:
Eight two-hour lessons: Starting January 2, 2010, depending on your scheduled session time. (note: sessions are chosen at registration, same day and time each week)
Mid-Season Fun Race: Family Fun Race:
JUNIOR RACING (under 18 YRS)
The Racing Team represents the final step in the Kissing Bridge junior development program. It is designed to take our BridgeBuster, Extreme Team, and GateBuster graduates and other junior skiers who possess the necessary skills and guide them down the road to realizing their potential as skiers, and/or racers. The KB Race Team has a long history of consistently producing the area's best skiers. Several participants have qualified for the US Ski Team. Many others go on to race in college, have become instructors, and/or coaches. All leave with a skill level that allows them to enjoy skiing for a lifetime as a member of the sports elite.
Expert coaching, video analysis, race room access and public restricted hill space are just a few benefits of this top notch program.
Pre-season training (dependant on KB opening)
Saturday & Sunday 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Junior I, II, III
*three evenings 5:00pm-7:00pm, weekends depending on travel
Junior IV, V
*Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm, Saturday 9:30pm-3:00pm
*Local races on Sunday
Contact the KB SnowSports School for questions or more information 716-592-4963, Ext. 2230
2. Adult League Information
THURSDAY IS LEAGUE NIGHT AT KB!
Kissing Bridge is offering ski racing to the public each Thursday evening from January 7th through March 11th! Come out and enjoy winter in a fun filled environment that encourages new racers and welcomes back veteran competitors with a user friendly schedule for 2009.
Competitors have the choice this season to participate on multiple levels. Come out for an evening of fun and race your friends or the clock while establishing a national ranking through the Niagara Adult Race League's affiliation with NASTAR! Each of the ten scheduled Thursday night races will be scored as a N.A.R. series event and eligible for NASTAR handicapping.
visit narracing.com for details.
KB's own MOLSON USA league has a rich history with some of the best age group racers in the East on hand to support and encourage those new to the sport. This season NAR and Molson join forces on Thursday nights. The Molson series will remain an independent league working alongside NAR to present a dynamic and welcoming environment for all. NEW this season both NAR and Molson will share the NASTAR Handicap class system so that you will be racing against those of similar skill throughout all the Thursday evening Molson and NAR events!
MOL/NAR scoring options
Racers have some options this season as the progression of a unified League with multiple scoring options takes shape.
- This season Racers who wish only to race in the Molson Championship series may contact the Ticket Centre and and sign up for all 6 Molson Championship events. This will consist of 4 evening races and 2 races on the day of the finals. Included in the fee are post race parties after each evening race, awards and a season end banquet following Finals. If you choose not to compete in the series as a whole you are welcome to join us on a nightly basis as well, registration details and locations will be coming soon.
- This season you may also choose to also have the results scored as part of the regional NAR series and scored nationwide via the NASTAR ski racing program. You must be a registered Molson Participant to race on the 4 Molson Thursday nights and have made it known that you would like to apply your Molson results toward NAR points BEFORE the start of each race.
3.CLINICS AND TRAINING NIGHTS
- In addition to the 4 evening Molson races that may be applied to the NAR series KB has scheduled 6 additional evenings of NAR racing. NAR, as a NASTAR affiliated program will host these events on Thursday evenings from January to March as part of a region wide series that is open to all and perfect for the seasoned racer or those just getting into the gates. You may even qualify for NASTAR nationals as several NAR racers did last season! You may register nightly at the mountain for these events or join a NAR team and compete for overall awards based on your handicap. See narracing.com for more information on this series.
Wednesday night GATE TRAINING (all ages)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details concerning the Wed. Night gate training sessions at KB.
Private or Group Training
Custom training sessions available. Please email email@example.com for details and available dates.
To reserve your group training session call 716-592-4963 ext. 2217
The Adult Racing League on hill operations are overseen by Andrew Minier, if you have any questions pertaining to Adult League racing or training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Custom training, group "fun" races and more are available.