Hello valued KB families, friends and guests
*as of 7/24/2020 – subject to change*
With the approaching fall and winter seasons, we are busy trying to plan for our winter snow sports season! The uncertainty of the Covid-19 crisis and its foothold in the surrounding communities is a major concern while deciding on our operational plan. While snow sports are most likely one of the safest winter activities due to its outdoor and socially distant characteristics, there are of course also many difficult challenges. Kissing Bridge will operate this winter; however, we will be making many changes to our business to be compliant with both NYS and CDC guidelines, in order to keep our guests and our employees as safe as possible.
The Safety of our KB Customers
The Kissing Bridge staff is collaborating and sharing information with other resorts around the country to determine what will give our guests the best guest experiences possible in the safest conditions. You may notice differences from the last time you were at KB, but your family will still treasure creating family memories together. We will be taking additional health and safety measures to ensure the safety of our guests. Cleaning and disinfecting procedures will be enhanced throughout. Signage, ground markings and barriers will be in place to navigate safely around KB to help with social distancing. KB employees will also be trained to assist KB guests and further promote social distancing guidelines. Also, to reduce close contact, KB is moving to an online reservation and payment transaction system. Face coverings are of course required for all KB employees and guests.
Kissing Bridge will be offering all of its traditional services but additional changes in light of the Covid-19 crisis will also be implemented as follows:
Chair Lift, Ticket Center and Lodge Changes
• Reduced number of passengers on all of our lifts (2 per quad chair and single per double chair unless immediate family members.)
• We will have a 50% reduction of Riders allowed per day dependent on slope availability.
• Kissing Bridge will offer outside stations for lift tickets and our guests’ various other needs.
• Kissing Bridge will have increased outdoor seating options available
• The KB staff is looking into every option to get skiers and riders on snow safely and efficiently.
• Daily lift ticket sales will be limited! (At this point in time will require advance purchase. This is subject to change)
• No longer able to reserve tables for picnic lunches. (No loitering)
We do anticipate increases in prices due to the pandemic and we pledge to do our best to remain affordable. As an outdoor recreational facility within a 30-minute drive from Buffalo, our close, convenient location offers a great outdoor activity for the whole family to enjoy while remaining socially distant.
KB Seasons Pass Holder Benefits
To enhance your KB experience, there will be many added values for KB season pass holders for the 2020-21 season. The season pass option gives our guests the true convenience of not having to check in or purchase a lift pass upon arriving but just heading straight to the slopes! With our new contactless procedures, KB season pass holders can easily upload your own season pass photo, and it will be mailed directly to your home in the fall.
KB season pass holders will be the first to experience KB for the 20-21 season. Yes, that is right! The first week of the season will be open to season pass holders only. An additional perk is also that KB season pass holders will have exclusive access to the weekend’s first tracks! The lifts will be open only for season pass holders from 8 to 10am on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Snow Sports School Lesson and Instructional Changes
• All lessons including children’s instruction and/or school ski clubs will be required to secure advanced online reservations. We will have a reduced number of available spots per lesson time slot so timely reservations are crucial.
• Reservations only available maximum of 2 weeks prior to date of usage
• Kissing Bridge will only be offering Ski/Snowboard lessons Thursdays through Sundays. We will have an online reservation along with an in-house central reservation phone number to assist you with this.
• KB Cruisers evening schedule of 1.5 hours: Thursdays and Fridays 6- 7:30 pm(due to Covid-19 protocol, no hot cocoa indoor breaks)
• KB Cruisers weekend schedule of 1.5 hours lessons: 10am, 11:30am, 1pm and 2:30pm(due to Covid-19 protocol, no hot cocoa indoor breaks)
• KB Cruiser maximum capacity is 50 students per session.
Additional KB Improvements
The installation of our snowmaking expansion has begun, and KB is anticipating a great, snowy season. We have also started the development of an up-hill skins program/pass for those folks who wish to hike plus adventure within designated KB areas, along with a vastly expanded snowshoe program offering for the nature loving winter enthusiasts. The terrain park crew is also working hard getting fun features ready.
We are also working on a few more exciting developments that we will be announcing soon!
In closing, please know that here at KB, we are working diligently to ensure that your safety and your family’s experience be first-rate for this upcoming snow season. It is apparent that snow sports like everything else will open but with restrictions. We will do our very best to keep everyone informed and safe to once again enjoy some quality family snow fun. From all of us at KB, we truly appreciate your business and best wishes to stay well.